Re: gEDA-user: PCB pin hole size

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:51:31 -0200, Walter Fetter Lages
<w.fetter@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Wojciech Kazubski wrote:

>         OK, but I think that it would be better to have the footprints with
> correct size holes and leting PCB create a drilling mask file, with
> crosses at hole centers.

I have to agree here.  I wasted quite a bit of money and time on
boards produced with holes that were too small.  The .1" headers and
SMA connector are one example.

Somebody said that handmade single-sided boards can use the smaller
holes.  This _may_ be true, but they could also use the larger holes
without trouble.  The library should be fixed or removed, not left as
is with a warning.

Matt