Re: gEDA-user: Wish list, sort of

Hi Mike,

On Montag, 5. Januar 2009, Mike Crowe wrote:
> There was talk a while ago about integrating gschem with a database.
> Any status change on that?  Any way I can help implement/test with
> mysql?

libgeda (gschem) has an interface where you can connect a database.

I've played with it some time ago:
Here is the mail I wrote:
http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/Nov-2007/msg00034.html

The current homepage is here:
http://www.h-renrew.de/h/spicelib/doc/index.html

My "database" are just some ini-style files that contain some attributes
and other definitions. A python script combines the definitions and
template symbols to complete symbols.

I've only a few parts (1000 to 1500) mostly diodes and transistors with
spice models. I haven't played with a real database like mysql.

Regards
Werner