Re: gEDA-user: New user to PCB - what does this error mean?

DJ Delorie wrote:
> A number of us here in the USA have boards made in Europe or China, so
> shipping can't be *that* much.  Try www.pcb-pool.com or www.olimex.com
> for starters.

Olimex has a couple of big fans among my local friends, though I've
never used them. I've used AP Circuits and pcbexpress.com -- both with
most excellent results, and quick, too.  I've also run 8 or so boards
through batchpcb.com, usually with good results, although you need to
allow about a month, and the quality isn't up to APCircuits or PCBExpress.

> As for home-fab, some of us (especially me) do that to; I've done up
> to four layer boards with 6/6 rules at home (no plated vias though).

DJ is.... um..... unique?  yes, that's the word... :)  6/6 and 4 layers
at home is unusually aggressive.  For my part, it's just not worth the
hassle to keep the soup around and spend the time doing that... too many
other things I'd rather do.

-dave