Re: gEDA-user: Gantt chart drawn in gschem

On Saturday 17 January 2009 11:31:45 Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> > I needed a Gantt chart for a project report, so I drew one in gschem.
> >
> > Oh, the strange things one can achieve with gEDA! (BTW, Cairo gschem
> > looks & feels amazing, and Peter C. deserves donations towards his
> > secret evil mastermind laboratory/bunker).
>
> Hello Peter,
>
> Actually you pop up a possible idea which can be implemented for
> project management  in "planner" with gEDA/gaf.
>
> I have been using planner for FEL since 4 years now:
> http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/devel/FEL_devel_timeline.html
>
> It encourages group work. I believe such a feature between "planner"
> and gEDA/gaf exists, many educational institutions will be interested
> in deploying gEDA 1.6.
>
> I would like to hear from those subscribed to this mailing list how
> you want planner to be updated to improve project management with
> gEDA/gaf. After some brainstorming here, I can bring some suggestions
> to planner developers. Maurice is fairly active in planner's
> development, we have a chance to get some ideas implemented step by
> step.

I can't actually think of any useful way to link gEDA to a project planner
program -- they're trying to solve *totally* different problems, IMHO!

It would be nice to have (a lot) more options in terms of print layout and
exporting. For instance, I wanted to use a compact layout and export it to
EPS, so that I could put it as a figure in a LaTeX document. There is *no*
reasonable way to achieve that using planner at the moment.

                                 Peter

--
Peter Brett

Electronic Systems Engineer