Re: gEDA-user: [RFC 1/6] Non-Turing-complete configuration files.

Hi All,

[snip]Peter Clifton wrote:
>Since you (nor anyone else) has come up with any use-case or reason as
>to why you want / need executable configs (as a user), I think you
>should leave the implementation details up to those who would be doing
>it. I really believe this is easier to implement than you're making
out.

I don't think it is upto the implementer to decide what he/she
wants, it us upto the Ales and other key developers decision.
What if the implementer has never used any advance EDA tools
before, and have absolutely no idea how advance EDA user use
their tools to design advance circuit, and insist he/she must
do it his/her way, which is way off common sense?  If we allow
such thing to be implemented without question, it would not
do justice for all the developers who worked so hard and for
so many years to have made gEDA so flexible as now.

I myself do use "executable config", just look at the
"Dynamic GTK Gschem Tools menu" package I posted on geda-dev
around July-2008.

The gEDA config is fine now, I do not mind having a wrapper
on top of it. But to compleletly eliminate "executable config",
I must voice my concern again.

Best Regards,
Paul Tan