Re: gEDA-user: PCB Auto-Router Misroutes

Steve,

Not sure if it's the prob. you're seeing now, but the only time I could get the router on 1.99 to connect different nets was when it'd put the beginnning of a trace on a pin/via and then not route the line. The problem is that if it does this on the wrong layer, say one with a ground or power plane, it'll come up as a short ckt.

this can be controlled by turning off all the layers you don't want to route, and manually routing the trickier traces before autorouting.

phil

Stephen W Morss wrote:
I'm using PCB 1.99q to do a board layout and am trying to use the router.  I'm finding that it has a
tendency to short different nets together.  Even after I do a route and clean up shorted nets, if I rerun
the router, other shorts are generated.  It's strange because when I hit "O" to optimize routes, PCB
points out all the shorted nets.  Once I delete the shorts, the rats nest doesn't show the shorts
either.  It's as though the rats nester and router are out of sink, each seeing the needed connections
differently (though the rats nest looks right and some of the routes are clearly wrong).  Has anyone else
seen/solved this problem.

Thanks,