Re: gEDA-user: 2N3906 gschem & pcb

John,

Thanks. My next question was how to migrate the proto from thru hole
to SMT. Also, there dosn't appear to be a TO92 package in the version
of PCB that I have.

BTW, what's wrong with labeling the pins EBC in both gschem & pcb?

George

On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 21:55 -0400, John Luciani wrote:
On 7/9/06, George M. Gallant, Jr. <ggallant571@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I think there is a difference in pin assignments on the 2N3906
>  parts between GSCHEM and PCB.
>
>                         E   B    C
>      PCB            1    2    3
>      GSCHEM    3    2    1
>
>  I am not very good at transistors and the resultant circuit
>  has some strange behavior (not all bad). I notice that some
>  transistors in gschem use the EBC notation while others
>  use 123 or 321.

The 2N3906 pinout is dependent on the package. I believe the TO92 is
EBC (123) and the SOT23 is BEC (123).

What I do in gschem is have symbols called BJT-NPN-EBC.sym and
BJT-NPN-BCE.sym. You still need to verify that the footprint matches the
schematic symbol.

If you like "heavy" symbols you could create a 2N3906-TO92.sym or a
2N3906-SOT23.sym that has a footprint attribute and the corresponding
pinout.

(* jcl *)