Re: gEDA-user: via in pad

DJ -

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 06:45:05PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> ldoolitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> > Has anyone found (or put in) a method to [cover vias-in-pads with
> > solder mask] in PCB?
>
> Thought - try using 12 thin pads instead of one big one, to build a
> grid with the 25 vias in the gaps in the grid.  You end up with square
> mask instead of round, but basically the same results.

I thought of that, and hoped for something better.
I have four footprints that would have to get hacked
up like that.

Right now the exposed pad has a name, e.g., pin 57 on
a 56-pin package.  What name and number should I give the
11 new pads?  I hope I don't have to show them on the
schematic.

    - Larry