Re: gEDA-user: Gnetlist Verilog

Hi,

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 10:39 -0700, User Tomdean wrote:
> How do I cause 'gnetlist -g verilog' to pick up the pinlabel rather
> than the pin number for the module port name?

At the moment, no.  The backend uses the pinnumber information as passed
directly from the gnetlist core.  When I wrote the backend I had
physical simulation in mind.  Whatever appeared in the pin number
attribute was used ad the module port name.  I don't remember if at the
time I could get by-pin attributes from gnetlist.

If you want to do something else, make sure that it's configurable and
does not break the current way of doing things.  From the drc2 backend
it looks like gnetlist:get-attribute-by-pinnumber can fetch other
attributes to use.  Using pinlabel attribute would be closer to what the
Cadence tool does.  It should not be too hard to use this but you will
have to replace the call to gnetlist:get-pins-nets in the Verilog
back-end with your own custom one that calls
gnetlist:get-attributes-by-pinnumber internally after getting the pin
names with gnetlist:get-pins-nets, and then returns your own list to the
rest of the code.

>From your next post, it sounds like you are attempting this already?

> Is there a doc that describes the flow in gnetlist?
>
> tomdean

                              Mike Jarabek
                                FPGA/ASIC Designer
  http://www.istop.com/~mjarabek