gEDA-user: line thickness not shown in gerbv

antonio bergnoli wrote:
# To: geda-user@xxxxxxxx
# Subject: gEDA-user: line thickness not shown in gerbv
# From: antonio bergnoli <antonio.bergnoli@xxxxxxxxxx>
# Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:23:37 +0100

> i noticed that using gerbv to display gerber files (generated
>with pcb) the lines are shown without their thickness (only
>segments with one pixel width). Any ideas?
>--
>Antonio Bergnoli

I have the same problem, using geda shipped with gentoo-linux
(AMD64):

stefan@localhost ~ $ pcb --version
PCB version 20060422
stefan@localhost ~ $ gerbv --version
gerbv version 1.0.1
(C) Stefan Petersen (spe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Postscript output of pcb is ok, but in gerber files viewed with
gerbv all lines (and pads of smd-pieces) are drawn with very
thin (one pixel) lines.  I am not sure if pcb or gerbv is
broken.

Here is an example of a gerber output of pcb:
I started pcb, set linewidth to 100 mil and draw two lines.
gerbv shows only two thin lines.

Here is the gerber-file:

stefan@localhost ~ $ cat mmmmm.copper0.gbr
G04 start of page 2 for group 0 idx 0
G04 Title: (unknown), solder *
G04 Creator: pcb-bin 20060422 *
G04 CreationDate: Tue Jul 25 09:30:49 2006 UTC *
G04 For: stefan *
G04 Format: Gerber/RS-274X *
G04 PCB-Dimensions: 600000 500000 *
G04 PCB-Coordinate-Origin: lower left *