Re: gEDA-user: a note from a novice user

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Lars Friedrich wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 26.07.2006, 06:43 +0000 schrieb Jim Strother:
> > I've just started using geda, I actually gave it a shot once before
> > but gave up when the install hit bumps.  This time I pushed
> > through these bumps and have something that sort of works.
> > Anyway, I thought that I would share my experience and ask
> > if this was representative:
>
> Using debian-testing, I used my synaptic to install the debian-packages
> (geda*, pcb) and was fine. No installation-specific problems yet. Of
> course, I don't have the bleeding-edge-up-to-date version.

There's got to be a way to incorporate the various parts of the geda suite
into one directory tree.  I'd like to be able to open up the tarball, type
"./configure ; make" rather than fiddle with many different tarballs.  I
downloaded the CD image specifically because of this mess.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx