gEDA-user: pcb crash (repeatable)

I've updated my debian linux installation so I could compile the latest cvs and latest snapshot. Before that, an earlier version from 2005 was printing OK,
and now both newer versions quit when I ask them to print. Perhaps I have some package installed that is "too new".

Would someone please test that print layout with the align marks and outline and such left default, but change the printer from lpr to something else works?

the command line error messages I get are:

john@toolbench:~/EEProjects/circuitboards/moisture-connect/fab$ pcb
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x080deb31 ***
Aborted

Thanks,

John Griessen