Re: gEDA-user: a note from a novice user

Not that I want to propagate this thread any further as Stuart pretty much
nailed almost everything...

[snip]
>I hope that the intention of this email is not lost.  I don't intend it
>as a flame, I would really love to see open source EDA software,

I'm curious, why do you want open source EDA software?

>and it looks like there is a lot of promise in this software.   I just
>thought that the developers might benefit from a detailed
                                                  ^^^^^^^^
>explanation of a path that a novice user might take, and why a
 ^^^^^^^^^^^

I would assert that your uber long post did not provide enough detail
(to either allow us to fix the problems you encountered or give you
suggestions to overcome the problems).

Getting stuck, okay fine, that's probably a problem with either:

	1) the software and/or
	2) the documentation and/or
	3) the user

but if you do not details, log files, post schematics, pcb files,
and/or all warning/error messages (which btw are there for a reason, you
shouldn't ignore them), then there is very little we can do.  Like for
instance basic information such as what OS distribution are you running?

								-Ales