Re: gEDA-user: TQFP package problem

> > I have problem with gsch2pcb and
> > /usr/share/gEDA/sym/micro/ATmega128-3.sym.
> > I added this one to .sch file run gsch2pcb on it and get this result:
> >
> > U1: can't find PCB element for footprint TQFP64 (value=unknown)
> > So device U1 will not be in the layout.
> >
> > Other packages like DIP or SO are working but when I try to add
> > any of *QPF* I got the same problem.
> >
> > Is there something I'm missing?
> >
> > I'm have geda 20060123 and pcb 20060422 on gentoo x86.
>
> sounds like you don't have the right name.  Try "TQFP64_14" instead of
> "TQFP64".  This would be a good candidate for IPC names and IPC
> footprints but I haven't had time to do it.  To help get the right
> footprint name, open up the library browser in PCB or look at
> http://www.gedasymbols.org/footprints/ and the ~geda library.  The
> correct footprint name is a link to a preview.
thanks a lot
> I'll take the opportunity to warn that descriptions like "64 pin TQFP"
> are dangerous.  QFP's come in 0.5, 0.65, 0.8, and possibly 0.4 mm pin
> pitch so you may find two QFP's with the same pin count but different
> pin pitch.
Acording to datasheet from atmel.com atmega128 have two variants one is
some kind of bga
and the second is TQFP64_14. Then in my opinion it can be safely changed
from TQFP64 to TQFP64_14 in /usr/share/gEDA/sym/micro/ATmega128-3.sym.
Because it's quite a bit confusing when you add symbol from geda library
and it doesn't work.
--
watashi |v|3+@n
Cyril Hrubis