Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb changed version

Bill Fischer wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>      I am working on my first board with GEDA. I have been able to
> create custom parts and footprints, and I finished my schematic.  I ran
> gsch2pcb and it created the files I needed, I loaded them into PCB and
> it worked fine. I noticed I had set one of my footprints to the wrong
> part though so I changed it.  Now when I run gsch2pcb and load the file
> into PCB I get syntax errors.  The weirdest thing is that the header at
> the top of my first file is "# release: pcb 20070208" and the header at
> the top of my second file is "# release: pcb 1.6.3".

Lines that start with '#' are comment lines so that doesn't really mean
anything.  gsch2pcb has always put out that "# release: pcb 1.6.3" comment.

When you get the syntax error, it should report a line number.  Take a
look at that line in the .pcb file and see if it looks ok or if gsch2pcb
  failed to load a footprint.

Did you get any errors/warnings from gsch2pcb that indicated it couldn't
find a footprint?

-Dan