Re: gEDA-user: ideeas for gschem and pcb

Hi Kai-Martin, Teodor and all,

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 23:38 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:14:05 +0300, Robas, Teodor wrote:
>
> > The following is a list of improvements I would like too see/have/maybe
> > implement.
> >
> > 1. Footprint alternatives.
>
> Yes. This is one of my favorite feature requests too. Just like you I saw
> the value of this kind of lists while using protel.
>

> > 2. An even nicer improvement wold be to have the footprint preview
> > directly into gschem,
>
> Where would you put that?

<deleted original message from here>

FWIW, I can imagine having a use for a preview when selecting a
footprint in the attribute editor if the footprint= attribute is
selected with a file chooser widget.

So basically, when the above situation is at hand (the selection process
of a footprint with the attribute editor), one could be bothered with a
file chooser dialog to select the footprint file name (when and if a
newlib footprint file) not for the sake of loading the footprint file,
just for the sake of selecting a valid and existing *.fp filename (and
maybe its path since newlib files can be stored anywhere in the file
system nowadays, the file chooser dialog gives the path as a bonus if
you bother to ask for it).

Just another EUR 0.02

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.