Re: gEDA-user: stupid lead-free

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 01:53:19 -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Damn tree-huggers and their lead-free solder.
>
>    I'm going to start stockpiling real Sn/Pb solder.

We were unhappy with the various stock varieties lead free solder, too.
Then, somebody on usenet hinted me to SN100C. The manufacturer of this
solder seems to do some real magic to the metal. It behaves almost like
the traditional leaded solder. The resulting joints are shiny, no violent
flux evaporation, surface tension ensures a nice surface.
But beware -- these nice properties are lost if the heat is applied for
too long.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak