Re: gEDA-user: two more pcb questions

> 1.  How do you put pcb mounting holes in the board, say for 10-32 screws?

Use a footprint.  It should have one pin, with or without a copper annulus
and with or without copper plating in the hole.

pcbs are often mounted with 4-40's and 6-32's depending on how heavy they
are.  #10 screws are pretty big ... I've seen boards break while leaving
the 4-40's in place, so there may not be any reason to go larger.

you may want to add a circle around the hole to allow for the space the
head/washer/safe-area.

> 2.  Can someone recommend fab houses to make pcbs?

I often use advanced circuits.  Their barebones service has been good for
me, as well as production.  Use free-dfm first and be warned they are not
inexpensive.  Read the list archives for some in-depth coverage of this
topic, as usual.  Several geda-users have compiled in-depth tables of
costs and capabilities of different board houses.

Phil