Re: gEDA-user: Design Nark

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 11:24 AM, John Doty <jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jul 19, 2011, at 12:15 PM, Steven Michalske wrote:
>
>> We can do better. :-). On a side note Are there features that would be nice to have?
>
> It would be nice to *remove* features like hierarchy expansion and slotting, while leaving the *capability* to put them back with scripts. These are things that *cannot* be done correctly with a single approach for every case, so the flexibility offered by scripting is needed.

Agreed, but to remove them we need to make the script that replaces
current functionality.
It would be nice to see the hierarchy expander open up the pins to
gschem file for a large connector, on say an "auto symbol."  Where
"auto symbol" means a symbol that is defined by a script not by a
static file.