gEDA-user: possible collaborators on PCB, gschem [Kicad (or another FOSS tool)]

He says, "We do quite
complex PCB design, and for us it's important to have high-performance
quality tools. One option is to try to get some community effort behind
Kicad (or another FOSS tool) and bring it on par with some of the
non-open tools"

Also said, "Does the router feature "push & shove"? This is a big must for us. I
would also need an expert's assessment on whether pcb would be a good,
modular, clean base to improve on. What I hear informally is that it
wouldn't"

So there you have our image problem even though pcb has a plugin API.

Larry Doolittle is going to be there in person.  What can we tell them
to get them interested in gEDA more than KiCAD?  They are interested in
and collaborating with Icarus verilog's Steve W. probably for
FPGAs and may not care about chips.

John