Re: gEDA-user: Help with creating schematics that can be netlisted/placed via PCB

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:06:43 -0400 (EDT)
sdb@xxxxxxxxxx (Stuart Brorson) wrote:

> > So . . . I'm confused.  I should *NOT* be using the "geda" wrapper
> > executable to manage my gEDA projects?  Because that's what I'm using,
> > and it felt it necessary to use gnetlist, apparently.
>
> The "geda" project manager hasn't been updated in a while (more like
> a couple of years AFAIK).  Bill's gsch2pcb stuff is newer than the
> last "geda" update.  That's why "geda" doesn't use it.  Nonetheless,
> gsch2pcb is your best path to layout.
>
> We talked about the sleeping status of "geda" at the last Free Dog
> meeting; I think it might be a good idea to bring it up to date.
> Nobody has any time, unfortunately.  If anybody wants to adopt a
> project, hacking "geda" would be a good one.

Simply updated the gEDA manager to run gsch2pcb instead of gnetlist seems
to me the reasonable short term path.  It would only need some sort of
project file handling (a project config page or default project file creation).

Bill