Re: gEDA-user: help needed with pcb auto-optimize

Hi

lÃr, 11 06 2005 kl. 09:51 -0400, skrev DJ Delorie:

> No tutorial, sorry.  You can ask specific questions here, and/or email
> me (not the list) your PCB and I can see what happens.

I'll try here. I think somebody else could learn from it.

Scenario:

I'm a newbie to any PC based pcb layout.

I am working on a small single sided pcb with a couple of ic's and a
handfull of other components.

I succeeded in routing the pcb by hand by drawing lines at the solder
layer to. Of course I can see now I should have used ( and spent some
time in figuring out) the layers funktion. I'll promise to do that with
my next projekt.

The auto-optimize does it work on rats or lines? (Yes I have seen the
Only on autorouted checkbox)

How do I select what I will auto-optimize?

I am happy to say that pcb and gschem has a very steep learning curve
just fiddling around with a small project; but this feature I just can
get to work.
--
Vy 73's de OZ1GNN

Christian Treldal