Re: gEDA-user: Calculating a linear self excited induction generator

On Sunday 11 June 2006 16:40, Karel Kulhavy wrote:

> My bike alternator sucks and I would like to have one which has no
> moving parts.

Look up the MEG:

"The Motionless Electromagnetic Generator,
Extracting Energy from a Permanent Magnet with Energy-Replenishing from the Active Vacuum".

US Patent 6,362,718.   The main proponent of the MEG
is Tom Bearden, http://www.cheniere.org/ .  Also see the claimed replication
at http://jnaudin.free.fr/meg/meg.htm .  Personally I consider using a "burned out resistor"
as a non-linear load to be bad science.  The jury is still out on if this works.

> I read about self excited induction generator, homopolar generators,
> liquid metal dynamos, interstellar plasma dynamos, linear motors
> and electric meters.

There are four conventional ways to generate electricity.

1) Move a magnet in relation to a coil.

2) Move a coil in relation to a magnet.

3) Change the reluctance between the magnet and the coil.
     John Ecklin Patent, 3,879,622.  Switched Reluctance Motors are
     becoming more common these days.

    When I win the lottery I'm going to build one of these out of
    Metglas and see just how efficient this can be made.

4) Oscillate the magnet above and below its Curie Point,
     in relation to a coil.    Tesla patent from the 1800's.

Less conventional but still accepted by main stream science are generators
that move some type of seeded fluid such Magnetohydrodynamics and
its brethren.

If you want unaccepted science for generators then look up
Otis T. Carr: "Utron" http://www.rexresearch.com/carr/1carr.htm ,
US Patent # 2,912,244, 1959, and "Cook's Coil",
http://my.voyager.net/~jrrandall/CookCoil.htm ,
US Patent 119,825  1871.  Both of these are based on odd-ball shaped
magnetic fields that rotate.

If you start to play with Plasma Dynamos beware that they can generate
Gama Rays if you do them badly.

> 2) Drive the wheel manually and see on a scope if the contraption really
> generates more energy than it eats

Perpetually motion is impossible in a closed system, unfortunately.
Which is not to say you can not have Free Energy from systems open
the environment, Active Vacuum [Aether]/ZPE et.al.

> 3) Remove the external drive and place some magical capacitor(s)

http://www.thatcorp.com/datashts/dn114.pdf and
http://www.thatcorp.com/datashts/600034-1.pdf cover the "magical"
Non-Linear capacitor.  Neat circuit, can really be built.  How do you simulate it?

> Does anyone have an idea how this thing should be calculated? gnucap
> doesn't have a part "inductor coupled magnetically with a running
> aluminium strip" so I can't simulate it.

In conventional physics you still have to deal with the Eddy Current loses,
and counter EMF.

Try looking up the "Adams Motor".  You can find several off the wall
ideas for generators/alternators at http://www.rexresearch.com/ and http://www.keelynet.com/ .
Make sure you check out the "BBS File" section at Keelynet, especially the "Energy" section.

--
                 http://www.unusualresearch.com/
 http://www.softwaresafety.net/ http://www.designer-iii.com/