Re: gEDA-user: Embedded Power Pins

On 3/4/06, kmk <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nevertheless, I don't see how I could implement this technique with
> gschem. There seems to be no way to let a gschem symbol contain slots
> with different pinout. The same problem arises if a component has slots
> that perform different functions. This is the case for some analog
> multipliers that contain an additional opamp with no internal connection
> to the multiplier.

I discussed this we Ales at the last freedog meeting. Currently you can not
have different slots perform different functions. The workaround is to
have a separate symbol for power.

For example if you have a logic gate (7400, 14pin DIP ) you would have
a function symbol with four slots, one for each gate. You would then
create a power pin symbol with
a pin 14 and a pin 7. After placing the gates you place the power pin symbol
and change the refdes so that the gates and power symbol match.

You could do a similar thing for op-amps.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org