Re: gEDA-user: home made hot plate

I am using a high power wirewound resistor to solder small SMT board (poststamp size) with 433MHz radio modules. The resistor is 6.8 ohm ceramic block some 40mm long and 12mm wide, with a flat surface,on which the board can be placed. The resistor was saved from old discarded TV set. After connecting to some 9V from bench power supply it heats up to solder melting point.

Wojciech Kazubski