Re: gEDA-user: symbol error shows up with gsymcheck

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 17:57 +0100, Werner Hoch wrote:
> Hi Seb,
>
> On Monday 05 March 2007 12:41, Seb James wrote:
> > I have a symbol, 7I33_IO.sym which has four slots. When I run
> > gsymcheck on the symbol, I get the following errors which I don't
> > understand.
> >
> > Can anyone help me here?
>
> Your slotdef attributes are attached to the box. Just remove the
> brackets in line 3 and 24 or detach them from the box.

Thanks for the info Werner. I should have posted that I discovered that
with a bit of trial and error in the end. Knowing how to detach an
attribute by removing the brackets is useful.

This business of attaching or not attaching is a little confusing for a
new user. The error messages generated by gsymcheck only indicate the
problem if you know the code, I think. Might be something to add some
extra documentation about in the faqs.

best,

Seb James