gEDA-user: What's your way of syncing CPLD design and gschem symbols???

Hi!

How do you keep your Xilinx CPLD design in sync w/
your gschem symbol files?

I mean, after you have drawn all your schematics and
build up the essentials of your CPLD design (esp. the
pins must exist :)), when doing the PCB artwork shuffling
the CPLD pins can give a really improved PCB layout ...

But the problem for me was to keep the symbol in sync
w/ the Xilinx Fitter report, so to do the work auto-
matically I hacked a Perl script (~6kB) last year,
but before adding some required upgrades & improvements
to the script I just wanted to ask how you do the sync
job!

For those not familiar with the Xilinx report files
I added a example Xilinx pin-out report for a small
Xilinx device (sorry for the attachment!)
Files with this structure are converted to symbols.

BTW: How do split up large ICs in multiple (different)
symbols? For example: One symbol for power, clk and JTAG
and one symbol for the rest of the design. I would create
the symbols and give them the same refdes ... don't know
if this is the correct way to make it work!

- cl

Pin List

Pin Num Pin Type Assigned Signal
1 I/O clko1