Re: gEDA-user: OT: Opencores CORDIC - bugs?

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 21:08 -0800, Darrell Harmon wrote:

> CORDIC should be able to handle +90 to -90 degrees with no prerotate
> stage. With the addition of a 90 degree prerotate stage, the range
> becomes -180 to +180 degrees.

This is what the documentation for the Opencores core suggested, but it
appeared that with its aggregation constant, when you get to 90, the
sine overflows, and glitches up. I expect it may work with the adjusted
shift - the overflows I had on cosine around angle=0 went away.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,