Re: gEDA-user: Google Summer of Code on gEDA Webpages

al davis wrote:
On Saturday 10 March 2007 21:05, Ales Hvezda wrote:
Ben Jackson wrote:
try Linear Technology's free SwitcherCAD (aka ltspice).
 It's the nicest spice I've ever used.  It's a better
schematic entry program than most, too (and that would
include Eagle and gschem).
        Okay, I'm confused, why are you trying to use
gschem/PCB then? Wouldn't it make sense to use SwitcherCAD
(aka ltspice) instead?  It does run under Windows and Linux
(using wine).

Maybe he would rather use something that is truly-free, GPL? Avoid proprietary lock-in?
[jg]And his wart list was a great set of pointers
to the things that stop mainstream users from getting started with gEDA. The configurable menus cleanup Dan is working on in PCB will get us a lot closer to "state of the GUI art", and he's maybe suggesting gschem could use some of that...with SwitcherCAD as a GUI design model.

John Griessen