Re: gEDA-user: Flame about XML (was: Some footprints I tried to create)

On Mar 14, 2007, at 8:03 PM, Michael Sokolov wrote:

Steve Meier <smeier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I really am interested in why or why not going with XML?

How would I use XML with punched cards or paper tape?

Why would you use punched cards or paper tape?

So a few more details would be nice.

OK, here are a few more details about me for you to mull over. I have been called things like "Neo-Amish" or "Techno-Luddite". I am fundamentally and totally against all forms of modern technology.

(snip)

I fully and totally embrace the computing philosophy and world view of
the 1970s that has produced my OS of choice.

Punk rocker Mike Watt (formerly of the Minutemen (no, not those idiots "patrolling" the Arizona/Mexico border)) once said, "kids today should defend themselves against the 70s."

-a