Re: gEDA-user: Some Linux distros to consider

On 3/29/07, al davis wrote:
Fedora: RPM packages. good beginner distro, particularly if you
have a poor net connection.  Not as many packages.  Enough on
CD to be useful without net.

Hello, Actually it is not very encouraging for a fedora packager (me) or any other "distro X" packager to see such a thread.

However if there are any comments and suggestions on geda packages at
the Fedora Project, I'll be happy to hear from you.
chitlesh [AT] fedoraproject DOT org

Not so strict about being "Free".

This is NOT true.

As from the next fedora buildsystem release (tonight):
Fedora users will be having:
geda-gattrib-20070216-1.fc6
libgeda-20070216-1.fc6
geda-gschem-20070216-1.fc6