Re: gEDA-user: Some Linux distros to consider

I like Gentoo for me. I like how it manages packages
and avoids the dependency from out of date libraries.
I installed the latest redhat on a machine recently
and it felt like installing XP.  It was beautiful.
That machine will probably stay with redhat, but my
kids use it for web surfing. Its not one that I use
regularly.

My $0.02.

--- Ryan Seal <rseal@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Gentoo install is time consuming and sometimes
> tricky, but the end
> result beats everything I have tried. Installation
> of gEDA is as simple
> as "emerge geda" (unless you want the nightly
> snapshots of course).
> Gentoo has more scientific/engineering packages than
>  anything I have
> seen ; and, you can stay on the bleeding edge - if
> you prefer that.
> Additionally, the documentation is, without a doubt,
> the best set of
> Linux docs on the web. If you can get past the
> install and learn the
> basics of portage, you have no reason to use
> anything else.
>
> Ryan

hello