Re: gEDA-user: Some Linux distros to consider

I used to use SuSE 9.0 on a PII but that failed eventually. (HDD crash)
SuSE is good for starters but 9.0 wouldn't build later versions of
gEDA for some reason.
(that might have been related to the HDD problem)
I used SuSE starting on version 6.3 and stayed until 9.2.
I am currently on gentoo. I agree it is not for beginners but if you
follow their directions it works really well. Well enough to justify
the initial frustration of figuring out all the nuts and bolts of
things SuSE did automatically.

-- http://www.coe.neu.edu/~efoss/ http://evanfoss.googlepages.com/