gEDA-user: Composite footprints?

Please excuse the strange subject...

The problem:
In one of my schematics I have some resistors (with 0805 footprint)
which have to withstand 50V maximum voltage. Indeed most cheap 0805
resistors are rated 50V, so it should be OK. I think there are 0805
resistors for greater voltages available...
(Or I may use larger footprints...)

But a popular solution seems to be to put two identical devices in
series.

But replacing the critical resistors in the schematics each with a
series pair is not too nice.

My idea: I can create a special footprint for this task, i.e. one with
four pads, two extern available, and two internally connected.

Are there better solution to address this kind of problem?
(Putting identical capacitors in parallel, or using multiple identical
resistors to avoid thermal problems is a similar case.)

Best regards

Stefan Salewski