gEDA-user: Component placement in PCB

Hi All,

I noticed in the archives that there had been a discussion a few
months ago regarding component placement in PCB, this was before I was
subscribed to the list though.

Following up on this topic, I wondered while I was working on the last
couple designs in PCB if it is somehow possible to allow placing
components outside the board outline temporarily ? At work, this is
how most of our (Allegro) CAD engineers seems to prefer working. Bring
in the discretes and line them up outside the board outline, then
bring them in one at a time. This methd works well for decoupling caps
for example.

Would it be possible to support this mode of working in PCB as well ?
On dense designs, it makes sense to me at least.

Thanks
--
Daniel Nilsson