Re: gEDA-user: Kicad

Dan McMahill wrote:

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 10:44:19PM +0200, Florian Steiper wrote:

Hello

Did anybody try/heard of Kicad ? I stumbled across the program at OpenCollector and it seems to be doing pretty much the same as the Geda suite, only thing is that all the documentation is in french :)

Here is the Url: http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/

wow. It seems, from the screen shots, to be a relatively complete
system at least for creating schematics and a corresponding board
layout. I haven't tried to compile it yet. I wonder how long
they've been working on this. I don't speak any french so I'm
mostly going by the pictures.

-Dan

Hello

I downloaded the sources, but it doesn't use the "usual" ./configure; make; make install, so I didn't bother trying too much more, but instead I got the bigger kicad.tgz archive and the excutable in there are working just fine.

ciao

Florian