Re: gEDA-user: "Disabling" symbols and nets?

On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 11:14 +0200, Tomasz Nowak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I created a quite complicated sch file. I would like to create a PCB
> from it, but not from all elements - just the ones that are needed for
> sure (and add more if I know I need them). Can I tag them somehow for
> gsch2pcb not to transfer them?

Nothing that I know of.. (that is not a definitive answer by any means).
We thought that having an attribute would be handy, so various
components (e.g. dummy loads) could be forwarded into a Spice
simulation, but would be ignored if we wanted to export a PCB netlist.
This was for very basic (educational) circuits, as I realise that having
one schematic for both simulation and layout is not generally scalable.

Can anyone envisage a "nofit" or "ignore" attribute, and how it would
work in the above cases? How about tagging components which should go
into the PCB layout, but are not fitted in the BOM?

Peter C.