Re: gEDA-user: more on clipping

Levente wrote:

I've tested this clipping toy for a while. I think the best thing would be if there was a way to recalculate dead areas; hence for example, if you add a via in a dead area, and in the other side if there is some GND present, the area can be again filled. So somehow it should be dynamic. Or it would be nice to have a menu item like "Recalculate polygons" or something like this.

I think you should morph the polygon into its pieces, then use the f-key to highlight those that are connected. If you are able to connect the others, then keep them or delete them if you can't get them connected.

The advantage of this is that you don't have to constantly re-compute the one huge polygon with its hundred thousand verticies. It will make working with, and re-loading the design much faster while still accomplishing everything you want.

h.