Re: gEDA-user: Driving the netlist from PCB (instead of gschem)

Peter Clifton wrote:

> I've coded a web-app using XSLT before now, and can honestly say I would
> rather write _scheme_ than write XSLT again.
>
> Scheme for goodness sake!! ;)

Reusing scheme/guile makes a lot of sense.  I think any way that creates
  a way to have any attribute attached to any piece of data, and then
sift through your data to produce outputs like netlists, currently
connected polygons, sets of data like, "the first change going backwards
in time that doesn't connect this element to that element"  (short
finder)  etc...

For instance, the short finder would require attaching timestamps of
some kind to elements.  not a feature you would think of right off the
bat, but those are easy with a data structure that takes into account
layout and schematic and simulation needs.

John Griessen