gEDA-user: Sourceforge Status

This is just a quick status note since a handful of people have had
problems with sourceforge this month.

Sourceforge relocated their data center to Chicago in September.  The
last bit of that move happened just a few days ago.  There is some
amount of fallout from this move that is still being addressed.  It
appears that the sourceforge team is actively working on resolving all
of these issues and I anticipate that things will settle down "soon".  I
hesitate to give an exact timeframe since I clearly do not have
visibility into all of sourceforge's goings on but I do believe they are
working to resolve issues.

You can view open support requests at
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=1&atid=200001

 From the main sourceforge page at http://www.sourceforge.net you'll see
a news item with a link to the sourceforge status page.

If anyone is having problems I'd recommend first that you check to see
if it is known to sourceforge and if not, report it directly to them.
However if it were me I might also give it a day or two to see if it
gets addressed anyway.  There are *lots* of projects there and I don't
think we are doing anything unique with any gEDA related projects in
terms of sourceforge services.

Thanks
-Dan