gEDA-user: Howto make solder mask extend equal for all pads in layout?

Most pads and pins of our footprint libraries have solder mask relief
which extends the copper pad to allow some misalignment of solder
resist.

I have noticed that this extend is very different for different
footprints -- from 3 to 10 mil I guess.

I think this extend in more a board property than a property of
individual footprints, because misalignment of solder resist is a board
property of whole board. So I would like to have solder mask extend
equal for all my footprints on my board (8 mil I would like).
(Yes, I know that there can be good reason to have different solder mask
extend for individual footprints, i.e. to build mask which cover
adjoining pads (gang solder mask))

Question: How can I make solder mask relief extends equal for all my
pads (pins) on the board? I know I can increase/decrease it for
individuals pads, but I want an absolute value for all elements.

I think it can be done with a script which processes all footprint files
before inserting them into the board -- is there a better way or fine
script available?

For copper clearance situation is similar I guess.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski