Re: gEDA-user: gschem libraries not connected in ubuntu

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 03:49 +0000, dyovemy02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
> I've installed geda 1.4.0 by synapic in ubuntu 8.04.
> It all seems to work but the libraries are connected correcty. When I try to place a component in gschem there is a list of libraries but there are no components in them. I have had a look at it and think maybe gschemrc needs some lines added to it but was wondering what the best way is to approach this?
> Thanks.

This worked last time I looked, but I've not been running the Ubuntu
version for a while now.

The fact you have the library list, suggests that the package
"geda-symbols" is installed.

Depending on what gEDA version (if any) you've used before, you may
notice that the symbol browser has changed. The libraries and symbols
within them are all listed in a tree-view, and by default those trees
are collapsed. There is a little expander arrow to the left hand side of
the library name which will show components.

Does typing (say), "bnc" into the filter box cut the list of libraries
down to just "Connectors (generic)"? If so, gEDA probably found your
symbols OK.

If not, do you have any custom gafrc / gschemrc in place which could be
confusing it... what are the messages logged in gschem.log?

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,