Re: gEDA-user: Vericad?

You can run PCB under cygwin rather easily. I believe gschem is stuck in the past with a very old mingw version(I could be wrong about this one, perhaps it's been updated recently).

I prefer myself to run Fedora Core 5 under VMWare Player. There are plenty of VMWare images available on the net so all you have to do is install VMWare Player(free) and then install gEDA and dependencies.

Performance is quite good and saves me from having a separate Linux box. And I can transfer the VMWare image from box to box w/o pain(desktop to laptop and so forth).

From: Peter TB Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Vericad?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:25:33 +0100

On Thursday 31 August 2006 15:32, Stuart Brorson wrote:

> QCad is OK, but it's a PITA to drive.  Drawing any primitive (line,
> circle, etc)  reqires at least four mouse clicks on the tool pallate.
> Also, the F/OSS version doesn't support polylines.

I tend to use the FOSS version just like I would a conventional drawing
desk/pencil/paper, and it works really well for that -- I've managed to do
some pretty complex drawings without too much brain-pain (or
mouse-finger-pain).

Peter

--
Fisher Society publicity officer            http://tinyurl.com/o39w2
CUSBC novices, match and league secretary   http://tinyurl.com/mwrc9

v3sw6YChw7$ln3pr6$ck3ma8u7+Lw3+2m0l7Ci6e4+8t4Gb8en6g6Pa2Xs5Mr4p4
  hackerkey.com

<< attach4 >>