Re: gEDA-user: Using geda tools with the Evil OS

al davis wrote:
On Thursday 31 August 2006 18:36, ggallant571@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am stranded on Windows XP for the next 4 months. Is there a
procedure to install the geda tool set. I need gschem and
PCB. Getting a second drive to install Linux is my backup
plan.

If you don't need the latest version, and you can boot from a DVD, try "Quantian Linux". It's a bootable, run from the DVD, Knoppix derivative that is loaded with math and engineering tools, including gEDA and related tools.

Or try coLinux. I run WinXP Pro and coLinux at the same time on my work laptop. X apps like gEDA run fairly slow, but it's good enough for me to use them on a daily basis. My home machines run Gentoo Linux so that's what I installed under coLinux too, but you can also use Debian, Suse, etc.

GB