gEDA-user: Electronics clubs?

Seeing the Freedog announcements on this list has made me wonder whether
there's anything similar near where I live (near the other Cambridge, in
the UK).

What I'd really like is some kind of meet-up where people would bring
their latest project to work on for a couple of hours, swap ideas, have
a drink at the pub afterwards, that kind of thing.  That way there'd be
some regular dedicated project time and I might actually make some
progress, as I rarely find time normally at home.  :-)

Anyone know of anything, or interested in something like that?

Cheers,

Chris