Re: gEDA-user: challenge board ALMOST works

On 9/12/06, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Did you post the schematic for this before? I'm not finding it.

http://www.delorie.com/pcb/smd-challenge/smd-challenge.sch
http://www.delorie.com/pcb/smd-challenge/smd-challenge-sch.png
http://www.delorie.com/pcb/smd-challenge/smd-challenge.pcb
http://www.delorie.com/pcb/smd-challenge/smd-challenge.png

This is the prototype board, not the final board.

See also:

http://www.delorie.com/pcb/first.html

Which is the same board.

Thank you.

I notice the LED ground current is sharing a trace with the
oscillator.  Perhaps that is contributing to the oscillators locking?
Maybe try a separate ground trace for the oscillator and the XOR/LED
part?  Here's the ultimate challenge:  Blue-wire patching a 01005
circuit.

(You can make an oscillator out of one Schmitt gate that doesn't
involve any current through protection diodes.  Oh, looks like Werner
already posted this one.)

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
You think that it is a secret, but it never has been one.
 - fortune cookie