gEDA-user: PCB: Moving the endpoint of a line

Hello all,
I'm new to gEDA; I've been playing with it for a few weeks now, mostly
gschem and pcb.  Whereas the gschem interface seems reasonably standard,
pcb is often maddeningly arcane.  I understand that this program has
evolved over many years, so perhaps that explains it.  I've been trying
diligently to understand the manual, but either I'm misinterpreting it
or they've omitted some crucial information.  This is my problem: the
manual says you can either move a line or the "end point of a line."  I
interpret the first part to mean you can move the line without changing
its shape or its orientation.  The second  part, I think, means that pcb
should allow you to grab one end of a line segment, and while the other
end stays fixed, you should be able to drag that end point to lengthen,
shorten, or change the angle of that segment.  Am I right?  If so, I
have not been able to figure out how to get it to work.  I've tried
selecting the line first, or just clicking without selecting, and it
_always_ moves the whole line, _never_ an endpoint.  Note that I've read
the manual enough to know that I should check the "allow lines of any
angle" box, so I'm not restricted to multiples of 45 degrees.  So what's
the trick?  Since gschem allows you to do this with lines in the circuit
diagram, I would hope that pcb also has this capability.

Thanks!
Vaughn