Re: gEDA-user: Hm...not much improvement

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Arthur Baldwin wrote:

Well, I tried using Yumex to install gEDA from Fedora Extras on a
clean and fully updated FC5 machine.  What I ended up with is a much
less integrated collection of useless tools than I did with the
"recompiler installer" which I said before was a "nightmare".  No menu
items were added to my KDE desktop at all.  Paths were not added to
any desktop startup files.  And so nothing works like it should.
[ . . . . remainder of rant snipped  . . . .]

I'll also point out that if you want the attention of the developers
on a problem, it helps to be specific about the bug.  Saying, for
example, "And so nothing works like it should..." is a totally
vague complaint, and can't be interpreted in  any meaningful way to
suggest changes to gEDA.  This statement may express your personal
frustration with gEDA, but to the rest of the world this statement is
basically just flame bait.

Here's a useful guide to posting questions to open-source e-mail
lists.  Please read it before posting more missives to geda-user.

Cheers,

Stuart