Re: gEDA-user: series terminators

> > Double sided, 0.062.
>
> How quaint.  ;-)

Yeah, well, it's just going to sit on my desk anyway.  Plus, it's
panelized with the challenge boards, so cost is an issue.  I was extra
careful about adding planes to the bottom side, and bypassing all over
the place.

The proto-pcb industry is starting to catch up with what hobbiests
want, but they're still way behind what high-tech boards demand.

> The board I'm in the middle of bringing up is 6-layer, 0.045.

The furnace board will be 4 layer 0.062 (it's cheapest).

Oh, for checking part footprints, I've found the paste layers to be
most useful, at least for SMD parts.

> Only if you work with slow parts.  Edge speeds faster than 1ns are
> fairly common these days.

Well, I want slower edges ;-)

(And I can't afford faster tools)