Re: gEDA-user: Now the installer runs.

Are you logged in and running the installer as root?  If so, log out,
and log in as a normal user.  The installer doesn't like to be run as
root.

If that's not the problem, I can't really help.  I've heard of this
problem, but haven't experienced it personally.  Therefore, I have not
been able to debug it.

In any event, you probably
don't actually have gettext completely installed.  Modern distros will
oftentimes only install the shared lib, but not the header files of a
package like gettext.  It's stupid, but that's what they do.

You have two options:

1.  Install the gettext-devel.rpm package which must exist on your
install disks.  Then run the installer again.  When the next package
dies at the root install stage, install that package's foo-devel.rpm,
and repeat.

2.  Reinstall gettext by rebuilding it -- by hand -- from the sources
available on the iso.   Since you're using Fedora, the proper build
sequence is something like:

cp gettext-(version).tar.gz /usr/local/src
cd /usr/local/src
gunzip -zxvf gettext-(version).tar.gz
cd gettext-(version)
./configure --prefix=/usr